cc-licenses - Re: In Sync

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Evan Prodromou <evan AT wikitravel.org>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: In Sync
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 16:47:36 -0400

>> If she gives this movie away for free saying it also syncs with
>> "The Wall", is that copyright infringement?

GOB> no

That's very interesting! As a copyright amateur, I would have probably
said that the movie was a derivative work of the song "The Wall"
(although perhaps "The Wall" wasn't the best choice of an example
here, since it's a song, an album, _and_ a movie).

Another example might be writing lyrics for an instrumental piece of
music, or alternate lyrics for an existing song. I'd say that was
derivative work; it seems I'm probably wrong.

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou <evan AT wikitravel.org>
Wikitravel - http://wikitravel.org/en/