cc-licenses - Copyrighted content in CC'd weblog

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Elisabeth Riba <lis AT osmond-riba.org>
  • To: cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Copyrighted content in CC'd weblog
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 14:11:14 -0400 (EDT)

I know this is a novice question, but I can't seem to find the answer
offhand.

I'm thinking of adding a CC license to my weblog, but I make a lot of
fair-use quotes of other people's materials (generally from news stories,
but also the occasional book excerpt or use of somebody else's photo).

Can anybody recommend a good disclaimer for my weblog which identifies
that only MY creations are under CC license, without hurting the rights of
anybody else? [And without necessitating I edit existing weblog posts to
put copyright notices in them?]

If there are other lists of sample disclaimers, beyond
<http://creativecommons.org/technology/web>, I'd appreciate links as well.

Thanks.

--
------> Elisabeth Riba * http://www.osmond-riba.org/lis/ <------
"[She] is one of the secret masters of the world: a librarian.