cc-licenses - Re: CC licence options in relation to LGPL and Mozilla 1.1. Open Source licences

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Jorn Bettin" <jorn.bettin AT softmetaware.com>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "Evan Prodromou" <evan AT wikitravel.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: CC licence options in relation to LGPL and Mozilla 1.1. Open Source licences
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 20:40:34 +1300

Hadn't seen the faq entry you refer to, thanks for that.

I gathered as much - that the cc licences don't specifically address
software. However finding the right Open Source licence is far from straight
forward. Thought that there might be a legal expert on this list who could
help us identify the best license from the long list at
http://www.opensource.org/licenses/index.php based on our requirements.

Jorn