cc-licenses - Re: Gnu-Fdl or CC Attribution-ShareAlike?

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Evan Prodromou <evan AT wikitravel.org>
  • To: Tom Morris <tom AT bbcity.co.uk>
  • Cc: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Gnu-Fdl or CC Attribution-ShareAlike?
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2004 08:42:07 -0500

TM> GNU FDL / CreativeCommons compatibility is a nightmare for
TM> wiki owners like me. I like the CC licence (by-sa), but
TM> because quite a number of texts are taken from Wikipedia which
TM> is FDL.

TM> CC seems simpler and there is less lawyerspeak than GNU's
TM> licence.

TM> I'd like to be able to build a wiki which has both FDL and
TM> By-Sa content in it.

Ditto here. Wikitravel uses by-sa, but our information can't be
included in Wikipedia or other GFDL wikis.

Then again, I think it might be well nigh impossible for us to change
up to the next version of by-sa, even if it does allow relicensing
under the GFDL.

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou <evan AT wikitravel.org>