cc-hk - [Cc-hk] Peer 2 Peer University Launch - P2PU

  • From: John Britton <public AT johndbritton.com>
  • To: cc-hk AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-hk] Peer 2 Peer University Launch - P2PU
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 16:49:24 -0400

Hello CCHK,

I'm writing to pass along a brief announcement:

Last week at the Open Education Conference in Vancouver, Canada we launched the Peer 2 Peer University (P2PU http://p2pu.org). We've been getting decent press via blogs, twitter, and other social networks. We'd greatly appreciate it if you could run a post on any of your blogs or perhaps pass the release along to others.

We were recently featured in Fast Company (http://www.fastcompany.com/magazine/138/who-needs-harvard.html).

The Peer 2 Peer University (P2PU) is an online community of open study groups for short university-level courses. Think of it as online book clubs for open educational resources. The P2PU helps you navigate the wealth of open education materials that are out there, creates small groups of motivated learners, and supports the design and facilitation of courses. Students and tutors get recognition for their work, and we are building pathways to formal credit as well.

Here's a press release: http://p2pu.org/News_17August09

Cheers,
John Britton

--
contact info:
http://www.johndbritton.com

  • [Cc-hk] Peer 2 Peer University Launch - P2PU, John Britton, 08/18/2009