cc-hk - [Cc-hk] CCHK Licenses Usage Statistics

  • From: Haggen So <haggenso AT gmail.com>
  • To: cc-hk <cc-hk AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-hk] CCHK Licenses Usage Statistics
  • Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 15:58:56 +0800

Hi All,

I was collecting estimations of the CCHK Licenses Usage Statistics in
the morning and discovered some encouraging figures. This exercise was
previously executed on 30 Apr this year and overall there is a 17.55%
rise in licenses adoption in less than 4 months. Details are listed
below (please excuse for the mess in presentation the figures in pure
text):

Language Type 13Aug 30Apr %Change
English by 15,479 13,620 13.65%
English by-nc 42,628 40,259 5.88%
English by-nc-nd 87,679 72,466 20.99%
English by-nc-sa 81,117 70,488 15.08%
English by-nd 14,259 11,053 29.01%
English by-sa 10,739 7,927 35.47%
Chinese by 73 71 2.82%
Chinese by-nc 3,635 2,834 28.26%
Chinese by-nc-nd 1,952 1,488 31.18%
Chinese by-nc-sa 2,920 1,393 109.62%
Chinese by-nd 143 91 57.14%
Chinese by-sa 93 98 -5.10%
Total 260,717 221,788 17.55%

When I collected the statistics in Apr, I actually had doubts whether
on the trend of adoption - will it be just due to the launch? The
figures collected today is a very encouraging indicator.

Regards,

Haggen

P.S. With the instructions from CC Statistics expert, Giorgos
Cheliotis, estimates of the usage of Creative Commons Hong Kong
licences can be obtained through
https://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com. This online service returns and
counts the number of web pages linking to the specified URL.

  • [Cc-hk] CCHK Licenses Usage Statistics, Haggen So, 08/13/2009