cc-gr - [Cc-gr] Fwd: [CCi] Call for jurisdiction updates for CC Newsletter

cc-gr@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: [CC-GR]

  • From: "Theodoros G. Karounos" <karounos@mail.ntua.gr>
  • To: cc-gr@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-gr] Fwd: [CCi] Call for jurisdiction updates for CC Newsletter
  • Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 00:35:12 +0200

fyi...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Allison Domicone <allison@creativecommons.org>
Date: 2009/3/5
To: cci@lists.ibiblio.org

Dear project leads,

For the past two newsletters, we have been experimenting with a
different format in the hopes of creating a higher quality and more
reader-friendly source of information for our community. We'd also
like to have more news that is representational of the exciting
progress and projects taking place in jurisdictions around the world.
For that reason, I would like to get your initial feedback on the idea
of having you provide news highlights for the newsletter. Since you
are on the ground in the jurisdictions themselves, you are the best
sources of knowledge for the latest CC news around the world.

The update would only need to be a brief paragraph (no more than 75
words) of an exciting news item from your jurisdiction - giving just
the basic information, so it shouldn't take up a lot of time or
effort. Please see the end of this email for two examples of
international news from the latest newsletter. Also, if you are
involved in an event or know of an event coming up in March or April,
feel to provide the details of it to me for the next events mailing
(which will go out mid-March).

The next newsletter goes out April 2, but I would need your update by
Monday, March 16, in order to allow enough time for formatting and
design.

I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this, and I'm hoping to be
able to give the method a try. You need not feel obligated to submit a
piece of news - but if there is something newsworthy happening, it
would be great to include it in the newsletter. If this method works
this time around, we can continue to do the same for future
newsletters (they are bi-monthly, so the next one will be in June).
When the time comes to gather news items, I will send out a reminder
email, and anyone who wishes to can submit a piece of news.

I'll look forward to your feedback on this new process, in addition to
any news items you would like to include in the next newsletter.

Thank you and kind regards,
Allison

Australian census is now under Creative Commons license
As of December 2008, the Australian Bureau of Statistics released all
of the content on its Web site (except logos and other trademarked
content) under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Australia license.
ABS conducts the annual Australian census and is the holder of all
official Australian statistical data, so their acceptance of CC
licenses is truly a milestone for Creative Commons, CCi, and Creative
Commons Australia.

Spain's Version 3.0 goes live
Creative Commons Spain and Catalonia, led by Ignasi Labastida i Juan,
has successfully completed its versioning of the ported Creative
Commons licensing suite to Version 3.0. The six standard Creative
Commons licenses are now legally and linguistically adapted to Spanish
law and available in Castilian, Catalan, and Basque, with a Galician
translation coming soon.

Allison Domicone
Development Assistant, Creative Commons
http://creativecommons.org

Subscribe to the CC Newsletter to learn more about our projects,
events, and milestones: http://creativecommons.org/about/newsletter