cc-europe - [CC-Europe] Request for participation – Creating a comprehensive list of CMOs

  • From: Maarten Zeinstra <mz AT kl.nl>
  • To: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [CC-Europe] Request for participation – Creating a comprehensive list of CMOs
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2017 17:42:25 +0100

Dear all,

A couple of months I called on you to help index exceptions and limitations to copyright in the EU, resulting in copyrightexceptions.eu. A great succes of the power of the community and crowd!

Today I have a smaller request for you as CC-Europe. Kennisland is creating a comprehensive list of CMOs in Europe, the US, Canada and Australia. For every CMO we are collecting what type of rightsholders (i.e. publishers, authors, visual artists, lyricists, composers, performers, phonograms producers, film directors, film producers, and broadcasters) and which types of works (i.e. written works, audiovisual works, phonograms, photos, visual artworks) that particular CMO manages rights for.

Are you familiar with the CMO’s in your jurisdiction? Could you help by filling out a couple of these forms, they take a maximum 2 minutes to fill out. I’ve gathered a list of about 300 possible CMOs and created prefilled forms for ease of structured gathering of information. In the attached PDF you can find this list, the links to the forms and a generic description of the project.

In Europe this allows us create better evidence based policy making tools, abroad it helps us to compare practices. our community could already really use this type of structured data in the coming weeks, since there is a lot of discussion around the proposed directive on copyright in the Digital Single Market where this data could be really useful.

Lets create a comprehensive list of CMOs!

Kind regards,

Maarten Zeinstra

Please do not share this outside your network. I’m trying to maintain a high level of qualitative results and manage the public communications about this study.

--
Kennisland | www.kl.nl | t +31205756720 | m +31643053919 | @mzeinstra

  • [CC-Europe] Request for participation – Creating a comprehensive list of CMOs, Maarten Zeinstra, 01/25/2017