cc-europe - [CC-Europe] Fwd: CopyCamp 2016 Open Call i Creative Commons

  • From: Alek Tarkowski <atarkowski AT centrumcyfrowe.pl>
  • To: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org, CC Affiliates <cc-affiliates AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [CC-Europe] Fwd: CopyCamp 2016 Open Call i Creative Commons
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 09:54:00 +0200

Dear all,

sorry for cross-posting. I’m forwarding a call for proposals from one of our partner organisations in Poland, the Modern Poland Foundation. CopyCamp is a regional event on all things open and copyright. Please consider joining / applying - and let us know if you will be coming in autumn to Warsaw. A few of the European affiliates will for sure be present.

best,

Alek

Begin forwarded message:

I am glad to inform you that we have launched an Open Call for Speakers at the 5th International CopyCamp Conference (October 27-28, 2016 in Warsaw).

For the last 5 years, CopyCamp has been the place for a balanced and multi-sided debate about copyright. We have provided a forum for a remarkable number of representatives of cultural institutions and the media, creative sectors, academic, legal, political and non-governmental circles. Usually, we host over 50 speakers and few hundred participants. From Warsaw, we are reaching out towards renowned internationalspeakers. Most of them are from the European Union, including the Visegrad Group, but there are also representatives of other European countries and of the USA.

This year we aim at building upon this extraordinary background and facilitate a dialogue particularly focused on the Future of Copyright in Europe. We want to gather the widest possible group of people involved in the discussion about the impact of copyright on social life, education, economy and politics who wish to present their opinions to the international audience. As always, we will be pleased to host all interested parties in the neutral and friendly space, and encourage participants to share thoughts and exchange ideas.

Open Call Deadline: July 31, 2016

Presentation proposals must be submitted at: https://copycamp.pl/en/contact/register-speaker/. Please include an abstract of no more than 1800 characters under one of the following thematic tracks:

Copyright and Art
Remuneration Models
Copyright, Education and Science
Technologies, Innovation and Copyright
Copyright and Human Rights
Copyright Enforcement
Copyright Debate
Copyright Lawmaking

Please find more information at: http://copycamp.pl/en/
Strategic Partners of the conference are International Visegrad Fund, Google and ZIPSEE Cyfrowa Polska.

Thank you for any recommendations you could have for this year's edition of CopyCamp.

Kind regards,

--
Marta Skotnicka
Koordynatorka projektów / Project coordinator

Fundacja Nowoczesna Polska jest Organizacją Pożytku Publicznego.
Możesz przekazać 1% podatku na rozwój projektów Fundacji
podając w formularzu PIT nr KRS: 0000070056

--
dyrektor, Centrum Cyfrowe
Twitter: @atarkowski

polecam:
uwolnij.podrecznik.org / otwartawiedza.pl / otwartengo.pl / otwartezabytki.pl

  • [CC-Europe] Fwd: CopyCamp 2016 Open Call i Creative Commons, Alek Tarkowski, 07/21/2016