cc-europe - [CC-Europe] Acting GNM and European RC posting

  • From: Ryan Merkley <ryan AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: "cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [CC-Europe] Acting GNM and European RC posting
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 17:06:42 -0400

I'm writing today with two items that I'd like to bring to your attention.

First, Gwen Franck has agreed to step in as acting Global Network Manager (she has already been doing half the job, but John's exit leaves a vacancy), responsible for the administrative and co-ordination roles that support the RCs and the network. I'm very grateful for Gwen's leadership.

We are also now short-handed in our European regional co-ordinators. Copyright reform is a pressing issue in Europe, and there are plans to pull together a regional meeting in September. For CC HQ to support that work, we'll need someone to step up to fill the vacant RC role.

As we're in the midst of a strategy process that may change the nature of the RCs, this will be a temporary 6 month contract, focused on the areas I mentioned above. Should be about 10 hours a week. I'll circulate the job description early next week, and I'm hopeful that someone from within the existing European affiliate network will want to step forward to help.

Best,
Ryan

--

Ryan Merkley
CEO, Creative Commons

+1 416.802.0662
@ryanmerkley

Get Creative Commons Updates http://bit.ly/commonsnews

  • [CC-Europe] Acting GNM and European RC posting, Ryan Merkley, 04/07/2016