cc-europe - [CC-Europe] green light for CC Europe Meeting in Crete

  • From: John Weitzmann <johnweitzmann AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: "cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [CC-Europe] green light for CC Europe Meeting in Crete
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 17:36:28 +0200

Good news everyone:

We can go ahead with the Southern meeting I emailed about last week. It will happen in Herakleion on the Island of Crete on May 9th, attached to CommonsFest. We will have the whole day and can support those of you, that indicated the need, for the travel costs and 2 nights (May 8 to 9 and 9 to 10). CommonsFest will continue until May 11th and I was told that there is commons-related events also in the week before the 9th.

Travel
If you have provided us with airfare estimates, please book that soon before prices go up. Only if the price is already more than 20% above what you sent us, please consult with me first.

(please note that this is not Athens, so make sure you calculate all the way)

Accomodation
With help from the CommonsFest folks we identified several hotels. More on that soon.

Meals etc.
Food and sunscreen can unfortunately not be covered by our budget, although we'll try to organize a supported group dinner for either 8th or 9th May, but that's not yet finalized. I was told that a regular meal at a restaurant is about 10 - 15 € incl. drinks.

See a bunch of you soon!

John & Gwen

  • [CC-Europe] green light for CC Europe Meeting in Crete, John Weitzmann, 03/31/2014