cc-europe - [CC-Europe] can you help with a textbook production models study we are doing for the OER policy project?

  • From: Alek Tarkowski <alek AT creativecommons.pl>
  • To: "cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [CC-Europe] can you help with a textbook production models study we are doing for the OER policy project?
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 13:01:02 +0100

Dear all,

We are currently running a study about how textbooks (at the K-12 level) are funded, produced and distributed by school systems in Europe (both within and outside the EU), We think that these models are crucial determinants of whether OER can be introduced into school systems. We are interested both in traditional and digital textbooks.

We have prepared a questionnaire (enclosed in PDF and DOC) which we already have distributed through official channels to institutions in Europe. But as you will see, the list of questions is extensive and challenging, and it's not easy to get a formal response.

We have already good information about some European countries - and for some no information yet. But in every case we'd like to verify our information.

So I'm writing to ask you for help:
- maybe you yourself have knowledge about the textbooks models in your country - then please fill as much of the questionnaire as possible
- maybe you can point us to any literature, official documents, etc. - please send links or files, any language will do
- or maybe you know someone who has such knowledge and could either interview the person for us, or contact us with this person?

Any help will be very appreciated. Please contact me directly with any questions.
Below please find the official description:

-->8--

Creative Commons is conducting a study of how textbooks are funded, produced and used at K-12 level. The study is part of a Creative Commons project "Open Educational Resources policy for Europe", which promotes policies for openly available educational content at European and national levels (http://oerpolicy.eu).

The goal of the study is to gather information on how textbooks - a key educational resource - are produced, in order to investigate possible ways of making them openly available - and at the same time produced and funded in a sustainable manner. We are particularly interested in digital textbooks that are being introduced in some European countries.

The results of the study will be presented in mid-March, during the Open Education Week 2014. All the results of the study, including collected research data, will be made publicly available under a Creative Commons Attribution license.

We would be very grateful if you could answer a few questions that will help us conduct the study. The questions are attached in a word and pdf form that you can fill in and send back to this email address. Alternatively, you can answer them online by clicking on this link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ereG8oLnHOjWgVNLtzzNJREbrZ5kRfOcIEuJlhr2oY8/viewform

Even partial answers will be highly valuable. Any information on the subject is helpful and highly appreciated.
In case if more explanation needs to be provided, we can arrange a follow up phone call.

Further information can be obtained directly from project coordinator, Alek Tarkowski (alek AT creativecommons.pl).

-->8--

Thanks in advance for your help!

Alek

--
koordynator, Creative Commons Polska
Twitter: @atarkowski / @ccpolska

polecam:
otwartawiedza.pl / otwartezasoby.pl / otwartengo.pl / otwartezabytki.pl / kulturaponadprawem.pl

  • [CC-Europe] can you help with a textbook production models study we are doing for the OER policy project?, Alek Tarkowski, 01/20/2014