cc-europe - [CC-Europe] ICORE - Int'l Council for Open Research and Education

  • From: Jane Park <janepark AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: cc-europe <cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: CC Education Team <education AT creativecommons.org>
  • Subject: [CC-Europe] ICORE - Int'l Council for Open Research and Education
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 09:26:29 -0800

Hi all,

CC recently participated in a couple of online meetings of ICORE (International Council for Open Research and Education), the new collective that is aiming to bridge the worlds of open research and open education. They have a strong European base and I'm sure some of you have heard of them. If not, here is their website: www.icore-online.org.

They have also started a wiki inviting contributions: http://wiki.icore-online.org/index.php/Main_Page. You'll see that there are subheadings such as Policies on Open Research and Open Education -- which will be relevant to folks like Alek. :) I have a created an account and will add reference to CC projects such as the OER Policy Registry, etc., but I am sure you all know of more relevant European OER projects to add.

Many of the members seem fairly new to the OER space, so it would be good to add a CC Europe voice to their efforts. If anyone is interested, they are going to have another online meeting in March and two F2F meetings and sessions at the following European events:
If you are attending these conferences, let me know if you want to get involved with ICORE and I can connect you with Christian Stracke who is organizing the efforts.

Cheers,
Jane
--
Jane Park
Project Manager

the School of Open, a collaboration with P2PU: http://schoolofopen.org/

Like what we do? Donate: https://creativecommons.net/donate/

  • [CC-Europe] ICORE - Int'l Council for Open Research and Education, Jane Park, 01/17/2014