cc-europe - Re: [CC-Europe] 4.0 Deeds strings: A glitch that was fixed

  • From: John Weitzmann <johnweitzmann AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: Maarten Zeinstra <mz AT kl.nl>
  • Cc: legal <legal AT creativecommons.org>, "cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org" <cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "regional AT creativecommons.org" <regional AT creativecommons.org>
  • Subject: Re: [CC-Europe] 4.0 Deeds strings: A glitch that was fixed
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 11:12:57 +0100

I think this matter is sort of in between:

The language is maybe a bit too dense here, but "them" in this case can/is meant to be short for "these ports". "it" doesn't make too much sense either because that sounds like there is only one port altogether + to say "if you are looking for A, you may still use it" sounds strange, the problem obviously being the if-then mechanics.

The message (as Maarten, me and the HQ folks instantly grasped from the initial suggestion to correct) is: "Should you be looking for a port, be informed: You may still use them". But that is an even bigger deviation from the initial wording.

Ergo, between Maarten and Teresa I suggest to go for "these ports".

@Legal et al: Any comments?

Best
John