cc-europe - [CC-Europe] Porting of 3.0 and 4.0?

  • From: Tarmo Toikkanen <tarmo.toikkanen AT aalto.fi>
  • To: <cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [CC-Europe] Porting of 3.0 and 4.0?
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 08:41:29 +0200

Hi all,

The 1.0 licenses have been ported to Finland 10 years ago. Nothing sense. We're now gearing to catch up to 3.0 and 4.0. But what is the level of porting that is actually needed? I've understood that 4.0 would not be ported, only translated. Is this correct? And if so, can the translation be done by laymen, or are copyright lawyers the only people who can do that?

And what's the situation with 3.0? I've understood that the intent is that it would be international, but has it still been ported to various jurisdictions?

--
Tarmo Toikkanen
tarmo.toikkanen AT aalto.fi