cc-europe - Re: [CC-Europe] Project idea: Translation+recording of childrens book

  • From: Christian Villum <villum AT creativecommons.dk>
  • To: Alek Tarkowski <alek AT creativecommons.pl>
  • Cc: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [CC-Europe] Project idea: Translation+recording of childrens book
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 07:52:43 +0200

Sure thing, here is the draft/outline:

IDEA: CC DENMARK FRIENDS
Basically, we've been discussing how to involve our community a little more in promoting CC. In Denmark we have a relatively large following who attends events and speaks positively about CC in their networks. Some of them have even asked how they can help more, but with a group of 3-5 people already organizing CC's current activities and events, it's hard to involve people more in that part. This is why we've been talking about other ways to let people get involved - and have come up with an idea called CC DENMARK FRIENDS (working title).

The idea is to make a group that everyone can become a registered member of (for free). The group - CC Denmark Friends - will act as a community with whom we, the CC Denmark staff, can interact to discuss tasks and ideas. First and foremost we would use the group to crowd source brainstorming for events (speakers, locations, sponsors etc.), but also it would work as a "street team" to spread info about planned CC events and activities (through e-flyers, social media etc.). With such a community we could also harness the benefits of a much larger network in order to lower costs of events through sponsorships (a large network usually have people running hotels, venues, gear rental etc. who would like to help out or sponsor). Last, but not least, we are playing with the idea to use the community to do small-scale crowd funding to collect means to invite more prominent speakers to CC Salons and other events.
In other words, CC Denmark Friends would involve a larger group in several stages of planning activities and create more momentum for CC in Denmark.

In practice, we have a guy (great CC activist) ready to act as community leader (in collab with us), and would probably use Ning or something similar as backbone for the experiment. After implementation, we'd naturally also want to share all our experiences with this to other CC affiliates, so if it works well maybe others would like to do something similar.
The plan is to launch over the winter 2011-21.

Feedback more than welcome!

-Christian