cc-europe - [Cc-europe] CC Board Nomination, Regional Report

  • From: John Hendrik Weitzmann <jhweitzmann AT mx.uni-saarland.de>
  • To: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-europe] CC Board Nomination, Regional Report
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 08:48:37 +0100

hi all

following up on what was discussed in the international call with CC HQ, I see 2 tasks on CC Europe's side:

- We could/should discuss who might be suitable to be nominated as an international board member. I presume this person must be able and willing to do the regular board work just like any other board member, i.e. must be able to dive into CC administration and attend meetings etc. Also, being a somewhat public proponent or OA licensing might be helpful. Some time ago, Bernt Hugenholtz was mentioned as a possible nominee. Does anyone else come to mind?

- As a regional network we should lead the way regarding the regional reports mentioned in the call. Who would be able to collect facts for that? I guess, the graphics for including them into the meeting dashboard wouldn't necessarily need to be done by us but maybe @ CC HQ.

yours
John