cc-europe - Re: [Cc-europe] CC Board Nomination, Regional Report

  • From: Alek Tarkowski <alek AT creativecommons.pl>
  • To: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-europe] CC Board Nomination, Regional Report
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 11:36:51 +0100

Hey John,

OK, let's try creating together this scorecard. As you saw on the CCi
list, the deadline is very tight though - 8th March.

I' ve been thinking what we should include on this scorecard (taking
into account both what the HQ scorecard contains, and what we can gather
in such a short time). I guess this is a discussion we could have on the
global list, but maybe let's first try to work something at our regional
level?

I think that a European CC scorecard on two sllides should include three
things:
- an overview of our logistic situation (how many affiliate
institutions, leads, employees, etc.)
- highlights of our national-level activities
- key common activities (particularly around COMMUNIA)

First part could maybe be done with an infographic - maybe CC graphic
designers could help make it as nice as the original scorecard?
Second part should in my opinion be a long list of bullet points / short
descriptions.

As for national inputs, I think we could collect following information
(all data concerns either end of 2009 or whole 2009, respectively) :
1. number of affiliate institutions, type of institution (academic,
research, NGO, private company)
2. number of leads (split between public and legal)
3. workforce (how many fully employed? how many part time employed /
part time volunteers? how many providing occasional support [this might
need to be better defined])
4. budget in 2009 (this might be tricky, but maybe we could at least
provide rough estimates on some scale?)
5. type of activities one is actively pursuing (for instance: policy
work / legal reform / culture / science / education / arts, etc. - this
needs a careful design)
6. a list of key projects / outcomes in last year (with one crucial
selected to include in the regional scorecard)

this might seem boring, but if we do it every year / half-year, we would
get an interesting image of where we're going...

any other ideas what would be worthwhile and relatively easy to collect?

cheers,

Alek

--
dr Alek Tarkowski