cc-europe - Re: [Cc-europe] Update CC Europe, Zurich, 23/24 january

  • From: "Dr. Peter Troxler (Waag Society)" <peter AT waag.org>
  • To: Alek Tarkowski <alek AT creativecommons.pl>
  • Cc: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-europe] Update CC Europe, Zurich, 23/24 january
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 10:21:31 +0100

Hi Alek

On 19 dec 2008, at 15:49, Alek Tarkowski wrote:
what is the format / purpose of the showcase? is this a public event? and what is the formula: is this supposed to be "fun" - so the movies will be shown and music will be played?
-- it is public
-- we intend to start with a short intro on the more serious side (e.g. Paul Gerhard, ex Creative Archive) -- but not academic
-- then it will be more fun (movies, books, websites, etc.), gradually moving towards music

and regarding the CC meeting on the 24th: It seems like a good idea to discuss the future of CC Europe - but the formula of having a meeting to prepare another meeting seems like a good way to assume from the start we can't achieve much.

--> to the contrary: we want to achieve much, we want to get the buy in from the vast majority if not all European legislations. we fear that not everybody would be coming to Zurich, so we want to do it in two steps to get everybody the chance to be part of it, rather than a group of few pushing the issue on their own.

a more detailled description of the London meeting will follow in due course in preparation for the Zurich meeting.

Best

/ Peter Troxler
/ Public Project Co-Lead
/ Creative Commons Netherlands
/ www.creativecommons.nl
/
/ c/o Waag Society :: Nieuwmarkt 4 :: 1012 CR Amsterdam :: The Netherlands :: +31 20 557 9898