cc-europe - Re: [Cc-europe] Update CC Europe, Zurich, 23/24 january

  • From: Maja Bogataj <maja.bogataj AT ipi.si>
  • To: "Dr. Peter Troxler (Waag Society)" <peter AT waag.org>
  • Cc: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Cc-europe] Update CC Europe, Zurich, 23/24 january
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 15:19:20 +0100

Dear Peter, dear all,

can you please help me with time table of the event around the Communia meeting in January.

Communia meeting will take place on 23rd - from 9 a.m. to 6. p.m.
CC showcase will take place on the evening of 23rd.
CC Europe meeting will take place on 24th.
Do we have agenda / timetable of this meeting.
When will it start and when it is planned to end. I cannot find this info on Communia page.

Thank you,

Kind regards

Maja

Dr. Maja Bogataj Jancic
Intellectual Property Institute, IPI
Ulica na grad 9, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
http://www.ipi.si

Dr. Peter Troxler (Waag Society) pravi:
Dear CC-Europe leads

Greetings from Berlin where I've been discussing the coming CC Europe event on 23/24 January in Zurich, together with Catharina, Michelle and Pro (on Skype).

So this is an update on earlier emails and a call to action:

== 23 January, after the Communia meeting ==

On the evening of 23 January, we are going to have a CC projects showcase ... this should be more some kind of a relaxed and fun evening (have some food first and then, say start at 2100 at Walcheturm in Zurich)

==> For this, we need your input!

please send us pointers to successful CC projects in your legislation:
-- ideally, a one paragraph summary of your most successful project
or
-- hyperlinks to pages, videos, reports, news items of blogposts of any successful CC licences applications in your jurisdictions

I am going to collect all your input, so please reply to me until 15 January 2009 (or on the cc-europe wiki at http://cc-europe.jottit.com/5th_cc_europe_meeting , password vilnius)

== 24 January, CC Europe meeting ==

The main point of the Zurich CC Europe meeting is to prepare the upcoming CC Europe meeting which will take place in London on one of the day 26.-29. March 2009

The meeting in London will (among other topics) continue the discussion we were having for several times now on the conditions for, pros and cons of establishing CC Europe as a legal entitity or establishing another organization under a different name that would effectively play the CC Europe role after the COMMUNIA project is over.

The aim of the Zurich meeting is to collate all relevant questions regarding this discussions so we can then involve everybody in the preparation of London and use London to come to some conclusion.

==> Since hotel (and flight) bookings need to be made over the coming few days (see at the bottom of this email for details) we would appreciate a short notice (email or cc-europe wiki at http://cc-europe.jottit.com/5th_cc_europe_meeting , password vilnius) if you are coming

looking forward to seeing you in Zurich

/ Peter Troxler
/ Public Project Co-Lead
/ Creative Commons Netherlands
/ www.creativecommons.nl
/
/ c/o Waag Society :: Nieuwmarkt 4 :: 1012 CR Amsterdam :: The Netherlands :: +31 20 557 9898

Dear all

For the upcoming workshop in Zurich, Switzerland we ask you to book the
hotel rooms on your own, as always. We can offer you the following options
for acommodation from 22 to 24 January 09:

Hotel Krone Unterstrass
Schaffhauserstrasse 1, 8006 Zürich
http://www.hotel-krone.ch/

Phone: +41 44 360 56 56
Fax: +41 44 360 56 00

CHF 210 per night + city tax. Breakfast not included.

15 rooms, held till 30 December 08.

Hotel Comfort Inn Royal
Leonhardstrasse 1, 8004 Zürich
http://www.comfortinn.ch/

Phone: +41 44 266 59 59
Fax: +41 44 266 59 60

CHF 175 per night + city tax. Breakfast included.

15 rooms, held till 19 December 08.

Hotel Montana Best Western
Konradstrasse 39, 8005 Zürich
http://www.hotelmontana.ch

Phone: +41 43 366 60 00
Fax: +41 43 366 60 10

CHF 165 per night + city tax. Breakfast included.

30 rooms, held till 2 January 09. Please have your credit card info
ready when booking at Montana.

When booking your room, please tell them you're attending the COMMUNIA
workshop.