cc-europe - [Cc-europe] FSCONS Conference in Gothenburg in October

  • From: Karl Jonsson <kj AT cyberlaw.se>
  • To: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: Mirko Lindner <mirko AT creativecommons.se>
  • Subject: [Cc-europe] FSCONS Conference in Gothenburg in October
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 19:25:47 +0200

This was originally posted by Mirko but it somehow ended up in the cc0
thread so I'm reposting it in the hope of making it more visible:

Hi everyone,

this is Mirko from Creative Commons Sweden.

Together with the Free Software Foundation Europe and Wikimedia
Sweden we will organize this year's FSCONS (http://www.fscons.org).
As all the preparations for the website and rough outlines, i.e. the
rather uninteresting administrative stuff, are almost finished I
wanted to give you a first insight into the happenings here and
invite you to join in our efforts to make this event a success.

The conference is more or less split into three parts, Free Software,
Open Content and Free Culture with every part being the
responsibility of one of the three main organizers. The idea is to
have lectures, speeches, workshops and Panel-Discussions surrounding
the various topics and also combining them to show that we are not
all too separate form one another but actually work towards a common
goal.

Having said that, we can pretty much use the Free Culture part for
whatever we like and want to see. We had ideas ranging from inviting
artists to produce art during the conference which is then going to
be licensed under a CCL (to show how that actually happens), over
workshops surrounding CCLs up to seminars and lectures on how, when
and why one should use CCLs.

First of all I would like to invite you all to come to the conference
which is going to take place in Gothenburg, Oct. 25th/26th.

Secondly I wanted to ask for your ideas and input regarding the
conference in terms of topics, speakers, potential sponsors and so
on, because although this event takes places in Sweden I would like
to use this as an opportunity to present the CC as broad as possible,
especially with the good company that we have in the Wikimedia and
the fsfe.
So if there is any projects you know of or are even involved in, or
you know speakers that would be good to invite or would like to give
a talk/seminar/workshop yourself or sponsors that might be
interested, please let us know.

We would like to use this as a chance to present the CCs in Europe -
an event the CCs in Europe organize and create.

Thanks a bunch,

/Mirko

  • [Cc-europe] FSCONS Conference in Gothenburg in October, Karl Jonsson, 04/19/2008