cc-europe - [Cc-europe] CC Europe (Vlinius meeting) outcomes

  • From: "Prodromos Tsiavos" <p.tsiavos AT lse.ac.uk>
  • To: <cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Cc-europe] CC Europe (Vlinius meeting) outcomes
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 16:03:07 +0200

Dear All,

As promised I am sending out a very brief overview of the CC Europe meeting in Vilnius focusing on the decisions taken. A more detailed report will be sent out in the next couple of weeks in the same way as I did for the Torino meeting.

- The first decision of the meeting was to proceed with the letter that Juan Carlos has drafted. That has been a follow up from the Torino meeting. As mentioned before we need to have your comments by the beginning of next week (14th of April). We will then need to have your agreement on the text by the end of the month  so that we may send it out as soon as possible. The CC Europe wiki URL is as follows:
- During the Vilnius meeting the issue of our identity as a CC Europe Working Group (and as CC in general) was brought up several times. After Paul's suggestion we have decided to create a roadmap for each of our subsequent meetings, so we need to be coming up with themes that should be the primary focus of each of our subsequent meetings (e.g. the next meeting could be devoted to the CC identity). It has also been suggested to work on a roadmap for a CC Europe strategy by focusing on specific issues, e.g. to have the next 6 months or a year as a "libraries year" or "education year" etc. This is something we need to discuss in more detail in the next CC Europe meeting.
- Tom has kindly volunteered to prepare a proposal for a CC Europe presence in the forthcoming Japan iSummit.
- Michelle has agreed to assist in the setting up of a CC Europe wiki and re-launch the CC and collecting societies wiki
- I have volunteered to produce a short questionnaire for each of the national CC projects focusing on current activities, organizational and funding model and pending issues. I will work with Michelle on this one based on the work that Tessi has already done.
- If any of you has any specific proposal for a Europe- or Region- wide funding opportunity in relation to any of the following issues please send me an email to see how we could work on its implementation and whether we could have it as an agenda item for our next meeting.
- Maria and I should coordinate for the organization of the Louvain-la-Neuve CC Europe meeting.

To my opinion it seems there has been a consensus that the agenda for the next meeting should include a first mapping of the CC Europe national projects work, an _expression_ of our opinions about what we want the CC Europe to be and a roadmap for our activities for the next year.

Please let me know if you have any other recommendations or comments.

Best wishes,
pRo

  • [Cc-europe] CC Europe (Vlinius meeting) outcomes, Prodromos Tsiavos, 04/09/2008