cc-europe - [Cc-europe] KODA/CC-DK non commercial guidelines

  • From: Paul Keller <pk AT kl.nl>
  • To: cc-europe AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Cc-europe] KODA/CC-DK non commercial guidelines
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 11:33:49 +0200

dear all,
please find attached an english translation of the guidelines drawn up by CC-DK and KODA regarding the scope of non commercial use for use by members of KODA who want to use CC licenses. This is the document that i was quoting from in Vilnius. Thanks to Thomas Riis for the translation. Feel free to distribute this document but please make sure to clearly state that it concerns guidelines for a very specific scenario and that the guilines have been drawn up by CC Denmark and KODA and do not reflect the position of any other CC entity.

As i mentioned in Vilnius i think, that these guidelines are much clearer (and more in line with CC's draft guidelines than the clarification of commercial use that we (CC-NL) had agreed on in our collaboration with BUMA. Given this i would think that these guidelines make a much better template for other collaborations than the ones used for the CC-NL buma pilot.

In my eyes the key remaining problem with the Danish guidelines is that they consider any use in combination with ad's to be commercial. among music websites there are quite a lot of people who use google ad's in a way that should not be necessarily considered to be commercial. this has become an issue in the dutch pilot and i could imagine that this will be an issue elsewhere.

cheers,
paul

--
Kennisland | Knowledgeland
t: +31 20 5756720 | m: +31 6 41374687

  • [Cc-europe] KODA/CC-DK non commercial guidelines, Paul Keller, 04/08/2008