byte-of-python - Re: [Byte-of-Python] Welcome to the Byte-of-Python List!

byte-of-python AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion regarding the book 'A Byte of Python'

  • From: Swaroop C H <swaroop AT byteofpython.info>
  • To: Srichand Pendyala <srichand.pendyala AT gmail.com>, byte-of-python AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Byte-of-Python] Welcome to the Byte-of-Python List!
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 23:54:58 -0800 (PST)

> While general questions are defi off topic, i believe some good python
> related discussions could form useful material for your book. Possibly
> in the form of interesting examples.

I encourage discussions of any sort as long as it doesn't veer off
uncontrollably. I setup the mailing list as a formal way of discussing stuff
and so that should not be a problem.

However, I just do not want to encourage asking doubts such as 'I upgraded
2.4 but it is not working for me' - such kind of questions must be addressed
comp.lang.python where there are hordes of Pythonistas waiting to help out :)

Basically, I just want to have fun discussing about Python and how we can
better evangelize and teach it through the use of my book. I think most people
here are intelligent enough to make a judgement call on what to post here and
what not ;)

Regards,

=====
Swaroop C H