byte-of-python - [Byte-of-Python] Welcome to the Byte-of-Python List!

byte-of-python AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion regarding the book 'A Byte of Python'

  • From: Swaroop C H <swaroop AT byteofpython.info>
  • To: byte-of-python AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Byte-of-Python] Welcome to the Byte-of-Python List!
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 11:37:39 -0800 (PST)

Hello everyone!

Welcome to the Byte-of-Python mailing list :)
Its exciting to write this first post!

New version
This first post is mainly about the philosophy and purpose behind this mailing
list. For more details, regarding the new version, please see my blog [3].

About this List
easy way to have discussions. There are many other advantages such as
archiving, digest options, etc.

* I will be writing my views and thinking on the roadmap for my book and
soliciting suggestions and comments from you, the interested reader of my
book.

* You are welcome to send in your suggestions, corrections, and criticisms
about the book to the list.

* Please talk only on topics directly related to the book. General questions
regarding Python should be posted on the comp.lang.python newsgroup where you
will get better and more informed help.

* I want to keep this list as low-traffic and as meaningful as possible. In
order to achieve this, I will have moderation on for all posts to the list.
So,
please be patient if your post does not appear immediately on the list. If
certain mails do not need the attention of the entire list and can be answered
by myself, then I will personally reply back (and not forward the mail to the
list).

* Moderation also helps prevents spam mails to the list (as already
experienced
by me).

* I think these are reasonable 'rules' of the list ;) - please let me know if
you are uncomfortable with any of this.

Hope to start some interesting discussions in future.

Thanks!
Swaroop
-------
[1] http://www.byteofpython.info/version120/