bluesky - RE: freenet

bluesky AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Global-Scale Distributed Storage Systems

  • From: "Josh" <josh AT mercuryfs.net>
  • To: "'Global-Scale Distributed Storage Systems'" <bluesky AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: freenet
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 18:29:26 -0700

Thank you, I appreciate the info.

Ted didn't claim to be the main guy, rather a contributing member who's been
involved in content based file handles for a long time.

Also, regarding intellectual property issues, I do not intend to try to
block freenet from evolving. My desire for the patent is to deal with
Microsoft. I have no problem with you guys.

Check out this link, Microsoft is trying for the third time on their file
system goal. The first was called OFS, in the early-mid 90's. If I get my
way, I will be them to it. I've made the decision to focus on the NT
marketplace first, because of their lack of distributed file systems. Funny,
I intend to hire oracle to design the Microsoft SQL server version first !?
(I love it)
http://www.zdnet.com/anchordesk/stories/story/0,10738,2802585,00.html

This is going to be interesting...