bluesky - Re: talked to ESR

bluesky AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Global-Scale Distributed Storage Systems

  • From: ian AT hawk.freenetproject.org (Ian Clarke)
  • To: Global-Scale Distributed Storage Systems <bluesky AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: talked to ESR
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 23:48:57 -0700

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 02:59:43AM +0100, Richard Clayton wrote:
> Exactly what do you have a patent on ?? I've read a certain amount of
> the text on your website and have seen a lot of buzzwords, a deep
> misunderstanding of the business models of ISPs, an assumption that web
> content is static (and served independently of accessing IP address), a
> US-centric approach to the law and a cavalier disregard of user's rights
> when approached by policemen who persuade you that a life is at risk!

I think even in that analysis you have given him too much credit.

It would be a great shame if anyone smart wasted any more time on this
guy, he is essentially a troll, one who has just enough ability to
provoke people to waste their time in responding to his crazy "ideas",
but no more than that.

Ian.