bluesky - i've got a design you guys would be interested in

bluesky AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Global-Scale Distributed Storage Systems

  • From: "Josh" <josh AT mercuryfs.net>
  • To: bluesky AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: i've got a design you guys would be interested in
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2001 20:54:44 -0400

Hello, I've designed a permanent caching location independent global file
system. As such, it appears to be the only design to solve the duplication
problem, which is inherent with Internet traffic.

I'm just now starting to read thru the past emails, and look forward to
speaking with some of you.

As techies, I recommend you go straight to the presentation, which shows
the essence of permanent caching and location independence. Its at
www.mercuryfs.net/presentations/intro_to_mfs.htm

- josh www.mercuryfs.net