bluesky - Re: Think cash

bluesky AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Global-Scale Distributed Storage Systems

  • From: Peter Todd <retep AT penguinpowered.com>
  • To: Global-Scale Distributed Storage Systems <bluesky AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Think cash
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 17:15:13 -0500

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 09:18:04PM -0800, Ian Clarke wrote:
> As someone who has spent several years studying Artificial Intelligence
> (and being largely disappointed by it), one of the most interesting
> things is that the hardest things for a computer to do, tend to be the
> easiest things for a human to do, and the converse is also true. I
> don't think these exchanges would need to test anyone's computer
> literacy, or educational qualifications. As for cultural differences,
> that is hardly a problem on the Internet of today! (How many of you are
> *not* white middle-class males?). Again, I think that you are judging
> this too harshly, I am not saying that this would be easy, or even
> possible, but it is fun to think about it, and who knows, maybe
> something useful will emerge.

What happens when you want to do automated use of resources?
Everything that needs thinkcash can't be done by computer alone, quite
a disadvantage for many applicaitions IMO. For instance if there was
thinkcash on insertion how would you do something like data-based
redirects or automated mirroring?

--
retep AT penguinpowered.com http://retep.tripod.com