baslinux - Re: [BL] Entering hard disk

  • From: Dennis Holierhoek <dennis.hh AT hotmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Entering hard disk
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 14:10:46 +0100

When I typed;
mount -t vfat /dev/hda2 /hd
BL says;
mount: Mounting /dev/hda2 on /hd failed
The same happened when I replaced 'hda2' with 'hdb1'

On Fri, 18 Jan 2013, Dennis Holierhoek wrote:

> I have 1 hard disk with 2 partitions on it. One (the C: drive, yes, I
> use Windows) is NTFS, the other one (D:) is FAT32. So I should use
> 'hda2', if I'm right?

You are right.

mount -t vfat /dev/hda2 /hd should mount the D: (FAT32) partition to /hd

(-t vfat = type FAT32)

To see what is on D: (as labelled in DOS or Windows) look at the contents
of /hd with a file manager or

cd /hd
ls -l

(ls -l gives a detailed list of the files and directories in the partition
mounted to /hd)

> Anyway, thanks for your help and patience.
I learned linux from BL with the help and patience of other list members.

> I think I'll design and upload some BL floppy labels on my FB soon, so I
> can do something back to the BL community :)

> Van: sindi keesan
> Verz.: 18-01-2013, 21:01
> Aan: Basic Linux mailinglijst
> Ondrw.: Re: [BL] Entering hard disk

Are you in the Netherlands? Ik sprek geen nederlands. (??)