baslinux - Re: [BL] removing Opera 8.54

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT SDF.ORG>
  • To: baslinux <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] removing Opera 8.54
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 12:08:15 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 25 Apr 2012, Terry Maiden wrote:

I attempted to do this but got frustrated due to the many separate files in many separate directories. I seem to remember there is a was to FORCE the RM command but I decided instead I would just remove the whole implementation of BL and recreate it when I want it again. I have three new versions of Puppy Linux to play with right now anyway, Racy, Wary and Quirky.

The puppy version pulp uses much less memory (10 MB without running programs). See archives for a link to it. Most of the programs are gtk1 instead of gtk2. I use it on a laptop with 96MB RAM, with recent Opera.

Here's a question though. When fooling with a install of Opera 9.64 I noticed there is a directory or file with the name "Works" which makes me wonder if there is a small office suite included in there along with the browser. Anyone know?

It is a file not a directory.
Try zoho.com for online office suite. Needs broadband.