baslinux - Re: [BL] uninstalling Opera 8.54

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT SDF.ORG>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] uninstalling Opera 8.54
  • Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 15:21:20 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 17 Apr 2012, Terry Maiden wrote:

I have spoken with AOL (non) support staff several times. They are extremely
unhelpful if you mention you are using Linux. I have found that if you use
Opera 9.27 you can get access if you accept the several outdated certificates
for the AOL sites. If you use Opera 9.64 it lets you right in, no problem.
I want to remove Opera 8.54 because just leaving it on the hard drive wastes
space. Also as a learning experience.

Can you get AOL to forward your mail some place more cooperative?

Removal - read install script, remove contents of indicated directories.
Or find -name opera and remove whatever it finds.