baslinux - [BL] Hello from Virginia...

  • From: neil tanner <wa4chq AT yahoo.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Hello from Virginia...
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 05:14:57 -0800 (PST)

Hi again from S.E. Virginia.  It's been a long time since I was here with the Basic Linux group.  I found you back in 2000/2001 and with some help from the folks here managed to install BL to an old toshiba laptop I had at the time.  I see some familiar 'faces' here from back then.  Right now I'm using Arch Linux on an "EMachine" but wouldn't mind setting up BL again.  I've just started looking thru the archives and noticed someone (maybe Sindi) mentioned loading an image on a flashdrive and someone else talked about running it in virtualbox.  Both look like good ideas.  Also, back when I was using BL on my toshiba, I had dial-up and it ran flawlessly but wondered how difficult is to set up using wifi?  All right....happy New Year and hope to be using BL again soon.
Neil