baslinux - Re: [BL] free phone calls with BL2

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] free phone calls with BL2
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 22:42:24 +0000 (UTC)

Free web-based calls from http://evaphone.com without a softphone. You need a headset and Flash 9.0 or later to watch their required SWF ad.
Which rules out BL2 until someone gets Flash 9 working.

I could not even read most of their site with lynx (click on English if you don't read Russian well), but I could with Seamonkey, however their registration (not required for free calls) does not work with Seamonkey 2 (on 400Mhz Mac). Did not try Firefox.

SJphone should work okay with BL2 and GV. It does not place 6-digit voxalot calls but you won't be placing calls anyway, just answering them when GV calls you back with a connection to the called number.