baslinux - Re: [BL] naim not working

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] naim not working
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 16:22:24 +0000 (UTC)

I found a 2005 DSL package of naim but it wants modprobe.

I downloaded the 2007 naim source code and did a configure and make which both worked, and then make check, which exited with errors and
undefined reference to _ctype_b
Lots of warnings about visibility from 'make'.
I used the slackware 11 glibc 2.3.6 but an older gcc 2.95.3 (SW8.1?).

I did not 'make install'. Seems to work with just 'naim' executable
and libncurses.so.5 (and libc). Have not tested it online since I don't know how to use aim or irc. Let me know if it works for you.

About 1MB, or 400K stripped. http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/naim-glibc236.tgz about 150K

In the meantime I signed up my friend for a free sdf account, and validated it myself since I am a MetaARPA member (which means I pay $36/year for more storage space and other privileges which I don't
even understand). sdf provides telnet and talk.

Someone suggested using mindterm ssh applet (http://cyberspace.org/mindterm/applet.html -
access this with a Windows browser)
which is java-based and should allow ssh'ing to visualserver, but they don't have talk installed there anyway (in addition to no telnet).
I requested that they install talk or ytalk.

Sindi Keesan