baslinux - [BL] Thinkpad problems with BL3

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Thinkpad problems with BL3
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 21:07:44 +0000 (UTC)

BL3 floppy loads in about 5 minutes and then does not even see disk two on a 700MHz Thinkpad which we recently resurrected. (If I lift it to look for the model number the LCD goes white). A couple of older Compaqs also load BL3 slowly but eventually do work.

hwinfo video is ridiculously slow, and syschk says the video speed is 2K/sec.

Blueflops linux (2006, kernel 2.6) runs at normal speed, svgalib links2 works. It comes with a small busybox, e3, pppd, dbclient (ssh), Rhapsody small IRC program, the network driver for the built-in card that I found for this laptop which got me online, and links2 - is there some way to download a file from my home directory with links? No X, ftpget or wget.
Would Rhapsody work with BL?

Links text displays pale pink on pale green. I like BL better but the newer kernel might be needed for this year 2000 laptop. Will try BL2 next.

Sindi Keesan