baslinux - Re: [BL] Installing BL 3 without a floppy drive

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Installing BL 3 without a floppy drive
  • Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 19:54:20 +1300

> I recently learned that Ultimate Boot CD 4.11
> has a copy of BL 3.4 on it.

version 3.5 is much better than 3.4

> I tried to install it to the hard drive of a gateway
> solo 2000 laptop. Unfortunately, I am unable to set
> up the boot loader.

You can use lilo (or loadlin from bootable DOS partition).
Simply configure it to point at the partition where you
put BL3.

> This is likely due to the fact that I am not booting BL 3
> from floppy, rather I am booting it from within a cd file
> system. Is there a copy of BL 3 available as a stand alone
> cd iso that is installable?

There's an old iso around somewhere that somebody did
(not version 3.5 IIRC) but I don't know if it is
installable. Is there a reason you can't use the DOS
version or the floppy version of 3.5 on your system?