baslinux - [BL] Opera cannot find XftConfig

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Opera cannot find XftConfig
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 14:01:03 +0000 (UTC)

I made the error message about not finding XftConfig go away by copying a sample XftConfig file to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/XftConfig

I edited the three 'dir' lines to point to the three font directories in fonts (100dpi 75dpi misc) but this does not seem to help the problem of Opera 9 not displaying with the fonts you actually chose (just the correct sizes of a few fonts that are unrelated to what you chose).

I don't understand much of this. Opera 9 and later are designed for later versions of X (X11R7) and expect packages we don't have.

There is an XftConfig file in the xfree86 package (SW81 and others).

Sindi Keesan

  • [BL] Opera cannot find XftConfig, baslinux, 08/15/2010