baslinux - Re: [BL] recent browser for google mail?

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] recent browser for google mail?
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 22:01:39 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

I finally got the long-awaited google mail 'invite' (that will let us use a normal-length phone number with voip) and cannot access it with lynx (needs javascript) but also not with Opera 9.64, Seamonkey 1.17, or Firefox 2 (from DSL linux). (Will try Browser Puppy with Firefox 3.5 next from live CD but I much prefer BL).

The laptop I was using works online with a modem using BL2 but Puppy finds it on the wrong serial port so won't go online. I had to use XP, where Opera 10.10 crashes at the Google signup page, but Seamonkey 2 does work.
Opera 10 had problems in BL even with all the dependencies.

I would love to be able to add enough libraries to BL2 to run Seamonkey 2.

Google Voice won't let you sign up via dialup because they insist on verifying your phone by phoning it while you are trying to sign up.
I was hoping to get one local number that would ring phones at two addresses (landlines).

> Slackware 11 (I think it needs a 2.4 kernel) provides GTK2 - could
someone with a broadband connection please try to get it working, and also install any other dependencies (pango, cairo....) needed by some recent browser, and the browser?

Firefox 3, Seamonkey 2, Midori....

Sindi Keesan