baslinux - Re: [BL] Broken Link on BL3 site

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Broken Link on BL3 site
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 13:04:21

Message from Christof (CZ)
==========================

There is one problem with the accounts on www.volny.cz: they have
only a limited capacity of 10 MB which is not sufficient for software
packets. So there are actually three sites:

http://www.volny.cz/basiclinux1/ abandoned BL version 1.8
http://www.volny.cz/basiclinux2/ abandoned BL version 2.1
http://www.volny.cz/basiclinux/ (should be up-to-date BL 3.X

I think, it would be a pity to erase the sites for BL 1 and 2,
as their content has not been transferred to the Russian site.

Google probably remembers ther Czech site better, because there are
many, many links on them. My several small pages on volny.cz are
rated very well by Google, too.

Instead of erasing the page I would recommend a remark on the main
page, that the site is an outdated archive and where the latest
version can be found.

Regards,
Christof