baslinux - [BL] bzimage for BL2.1

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org (baslinux)
  • Subject: [BL] bzimage for BL2.1
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 05:47:42 +0000

If you combine the bzimage.big (renamed bzimage) with the FS.IMG that comes
in the DOS loopback version of BL3.5 (BL3.32, BL3.4 also) you can produce a
combo that will run in qemu. I have found that if you get the file baslinux
for BL2.1 out of the file named BASLINUX.GZ you can combine it with the
bzimage and produce a combo that will also run in qemu. The only problem is
the bzimage is a 2.2.26 kernel and the 8390.o and ne.o files that come with
BL2.1 are compiled for a 2.2.16 kernel. I tried some of the alternate
kernels that are available from the BL website but they didn't work. They
won't boot like the bzimage will. Where can I find a 2.2.16 kernel version
of the Bzimage? Thanks.