baslinux - Re: [BL] libFB and fbjpeg tiny jpeg viewer/w3m and links2 fb mode

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] libFB and fbjpeg tiny jpeg viewer/w3m and links2 fb mode
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 05:48:49 +0000 (UTC)

The library must be in /usr/lib (not /usr/local/lib though I tried to
compile it that way) and it needs /usr/lib/kbd/consolefonts/ (kbd
package) to compile and maybe to use. Or at least the font I specified in
Makefile, I think it was iso01.f16.gz.

Editing Makefile did not seem to work.

I redid the package including a substitute psf font (Latin1) instead of iso01.f14.psf.gz. Now I get messages at page bottom in that font when an image is displayed. Package is up from 10K to 12K including the font.

If you have and do not want to overwrite iso01.f14.psf.gz in consolefonts, unpackage the .tgz instead of installing it and copy library and binary to /usr/lib and /usr/bin.

When I configured links2 again it still did not use fb. Anyone know how to compile for fb? It should produce a links2 that uses even less memory.
All my pentium laptops work with fb.

fbjpeg was worth the effort anyway.

w3m needs gc.h (as specified in README) and also libgc.so to compile.