baslinux - [BL] links 2.2 glibc 2.2.5

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] links 2.2 glibc 2.2.5
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 19:21:18 +0000 (UTC)

A few bug fixes and minor stuff since 2.1pre33

Much improved documentation included in the package, also I
added KEYS which describes how to cut and paste. Ctrl-Z
does not cut or paste, it backgrounds.

This time I compiled for X (BL2 libc6) as well as svgalib.

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/links-2.2-bl2.tgz
http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/links-2.1pre28-bl2.gz

The pre28 is the last version with rudimentary javascript support.
It won't do the redirect at fastmail which elinks does do.

2.2 is tested working at my library account where an earlier version could not handle the ssl.

I have deleted pre33 and non-x pre28.

links.1 > links.html, see also user_en.html and KEYS in /share/

Required glibc files are in operalib.tgz.

I am not set up to compile links for libc5.

Links2 (with keystrokes for cut, paste, etc.) works best of the text browsers with fastmail and gmail. Elinks does persistent cookies and invokes pico (Alt-T) but the link numbering is wrong order.

Sindi Keesan

  • [BL] links 2.2 glibc 2.2.5, baslinux, 12/01/2009