baslinux - Re: [BL] Opera

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Opera
  • Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 04:28:23 +0000 (UTC)

While using older versions of Opera installed in BL,
I am occasionally offered the latest version of Opera
to upgrade to. Has anyone ever tried to do this?
Does it work or does it trash BL?>

Just checked linux versions at Opera. 10.01 is available for Slackware Current (12?) and Slackware 13. You will need the glibc from one of these, which Steven says needs a 2.6 kernel. Which would require matching kernel modules. The files are not labelled as to whether they need libqt.
Maybe the larger ones do not? Look around the opera forums for more info.

Opera 9.64 is available qt-static (or qt-dynamic - meaning you need the so library) for Slackware 8.1 (glibc 2.2.5) or 9.0. If you get this working tell us how. It would take me over an hour to download.

Does Opera 10 handle xml better?