baslinux - Re: [BL] download of Opera 9.64 failed

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] download of Opera 9.64 failed
  • Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 01:49:32 +0000 (UTC)

Sindi Keesan

wrote:

You sent base64 again (garbage viewed with my usual mail program).

Please try to figure out what is missing in operalib.tgz package.

I attempted to install Opera 9.26 with only the operalib.tgz package. It was missing something. I then installed the 2nd tgz package, same error. I then installed the x-libs.tgz package and that got it to work. Something in the x-libs.tgz.

I will compare it with my package in a few days.

I have been trying all afternoon to install Opera 10.00 but the Opera download screen just would not provide the correct qt-static tar.gz version of Opera. I had the same problems trying to get the 9.64 version of Opera. If there is a way to go directly to one of the mirror sites it might be easier to get the correct software, if its there at all. The Ohio U. mirror site kicked me out with bandwidth error messages. Too many downloaders already trying to get to their site I guess.

I could not download Opera 10 qt-static either. I got gibberish instead of a file. You could register with Opera and send a bug report.

-------------- Original message from baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org:

links should ask you where to save teh download. operalib.tgz ought to be enough without the tother two pacakges. Excuse typos - we are on a bike campaing rip trying to fix someone's computers ad thigs are not quite fixed.