baslinux - Re: [BL] download of Opera 9.64 failed

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] download of Opera 9.64 failed
  • Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 21:58:12 +0000

I attempted to install Opera 9.26 with only the operalib.tgz package. It was
missing something. I then installed the 2nd tgz package, same error. I then
installed the x-libs.tgz package and that got it to work. Something in the
x-libs.tgz.

I have been trying all afternoon to install Opera 10.00 but the Opera
download screen just would not provide the correct qt-static tar.gz version
of Opera. I had the same problems trying to get the 9.64 version of Opera.
If there is a way to go directly to one of the mirror sites it might be
easier to get the correct software, if its there at all. The Ohio U. mirror
site kicked me out with bandwidth error messages. Too many downloaders
already trying to get to their site I guess.

-------------- Original message from baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org: