baslinux - Re: [BL] Bootable CD

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Bootable CD
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 03:11:17 +0000

Just an F.Y.I.  There are ISOs of BL out there in the various software libraries.  One is for BL 2.1, the other is for BL 3.2.  Not the most recent versions but fun to play with anyway.  If you have CD burning software you can make bootable CDs.  Or you can just run them in QEMU.
-------------- Original message from baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org: --------------

Thanks for you answer.
I will try this procedure this weekend.
I tell you then...
Regards,
fm

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 5:36 PM, <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org> wrote:
Message from Steven
===================
fm wrote:

> I would like to install BL on one partition
> of my PI with grub.
> -Can BL be installed to a partition?

Yes.

> -If YES, how can I get a cd image (since this PC
>  doesn´t have 3,5")?

If you don't have a floppy, I would recommend using
the DOS version to install BasicLinux.  Simply create
a temporary DOS partition (if you don't already have
one) and run the DOS version of BasicLinux.  Then use
BasicLinux to prepare a Linux partition and execute
install-to-hd.  After checking that BasicLinux is
running OK on the partition (using loadlin from the
DOS partition), you can then move the kernel from
the DOS partition to the Linux partition, configure
grub to boot the kernel/partition, and delete the
DOS partition.