baslinux - [BL] I love links2 and httpd

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] I love links2 and httpd
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 08:10:07 +1300

> links2 does a remarkable job of grabbing
> the text and rendering it immediately.

I should also mention the httpd in BL3.
I was very impressed how easy it was
to serve audio files. No configuration
required -- just start httpd in a directory
containing audio files and it will happily
serve them.

BTW, I have written a short script for httpd
that automatically creates an index.htm file
for any directory. It provides a clickable
link for every file in the directory. That
means you can point your browser (via network)
to the index file and you will get a wee menu
of files to download or play (assuming your
browser is configured to recognize the suffix
and direct the file to your audio player).