baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 as MP3 streaming server

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 as MP3 streaming server
  • Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 08:05:42 +1300

Message from Steven
===================
Marcelo Campos wrote:

> I´m trying to put a BL3 as audio mp3 streaming
> server for Winamp clients, somebody did try some
> in this area ? or sugestions ?

Before you try icecast or shoutcast or whatever,
you might like to try BL3 without add-ons. BL3
has a built-in http server and it happily serves
audio files via port 80 (http).

To test this: take two computers (clark & lois)
and network them together. Ping clark from lois
to make sure the connection is good.

clark
cd to directory that contains anymusic.mp3
httpd

lois
mplayer http://clark/anymusic.mp3

If you wish, you can create an index.htm page (for clark)
that lists and links all the audio files in that directory.
Then on lois you can use a browser (eg links) to display
index.htm (from clark) and automatically run mplayer when
you click on one of the files.