baslinux - Re: [BL] Zip drives with 3.5?

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Zip drives with 3.5?
  • Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 16:42:23 +1200

Message from Steven
===================

> So is there any knowledge on how well parallel port
> zip drives work with BL?

I've never had a zip drive, so I can't say from
personal experience. However, I would expect
it to work.

It appears you need two modules (you can download
them from the BL3 site): parport and ppa
--------------
insmod parport
insmod ppa

Then (hopefully) you will be able to mount your drive.
mount /dev/sda4 /mnt

As I say, this is all theoretical. I have no personal
experince of this. Please report back whether this
works for you.